Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Pitiful Boy

I went to pick up my cousins from school this afternoon at about 1pm and it was drizzling. I brought an umbrella with me, standing in front of the main gate trying so hard to spot my small little cousins out of those few hundred children until I felt someone shaking my cloths. As i look down, I saw a small little cute boy. He ask me whether I have a phone with me and he wanted to make a call to his aunt.I helped him to dial the number and i started feeling worry when I heard his conversation with his aunt. He told his aunt that his "uncle" (referring to his bus driver) is not fetching him today. Who knows his aunt just told him that the "uncle" will come and fetch him at 1.45pm, ask the little boy wait and then she off the call without concerning the situation of the little boy. I told the boy to wait under the porch near the main gate as it was drizzling and the considering the heavy school bag he is taking on his shoulder (the bag seems larger than his size actually), plus there were few cases of abduction. He walk few steps aways and stopped, looking at his watch non-stop. He looks scare, so I brought him to the porch, telling him not to worry, sit there and wait, walk to the main gate only at 1.45pm, and I went back to search for my cousins while at the same time looking at the small boy too. Then I saw the small boy running to me and started crying. I console him and brought him to his assistant headmistress which is standing nearby. Before I manage to say anything, the assistant headmistress says, "U again?" and brought the boy to aside telling him to wait there. I'm still worry about him as he is trying so hard to hold his tears. So I gave him all my coins just in case he need to make any call later. Confirming that his assistant headmistress will be there for him before I walk off.
Until now I cant forget the pity face of the small boy. I regret for not giving him my phone number or asking his phone number so that I can ensure that he reach home safely. What a pity little boy. From the word "U again?", we should know that this is not the first time. I can't understand why his parent or guardian can just left him alone without giving any concern about his situation?? Expecting him to take care of himself in the new environment without any aids?? WHAT A JOKE~! He is just a little standard one boy which just experienced his school life for the 5th day. How can he feel comfortable in this new environment. I really feel pity about this boy, worry about him. My tears almost drop down when I saw him crying. How I wish I can protect him by giving him security. I'll go back to the school trying to look for him on Monday. Hopefully I can meet him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment